Resilience, dimensional stability and endurance are natural characteristics of rubber flooring and TransitFlor® is the leading supplier of specially formulated rubber flooring products for the transit industry. Underfoot comfort and sound absorption are superior to vinyl products. Maintenance is minimal. Most importantly TransitFlor® is part of a total-floor system consisting of walkway and under seat flooring, entrance plates, metal-backed step treads, one-piece treads/risers, special adhesives, and a wide choice of colors and patterns to compliment any interior color scheme.
Exclusive TransitFlor® PGF Benefits
- Homogeneous Composition – The color and pattern of TransitFlor® penetrates throughout the entire thickness (competing products are laminated) to ensure an attractive floor through years of demanding use.
- Slip-Resistant – Ribbed and textured surfaces keep passengers safe and help abate trips, slips and falls. TransitFlor® meets or exceeds ADA guidelines. The double groove rib design facilitates water drainage eliminating the potential of puddling water.
- Comfortable – Soft underfoot, rubber is comfortable to walk on.
- Quiet – Unlike other flooring products, the high insulating properties of TransitFlor® drown out road and engine noise for increased passenger satisfaction.
- Easy to clean – A simple labor saving process keeps flooring looking great for years.
- Dimensional stability – Because rubber’s coefficient of expansion is low, temperature changes don’t affect it as with vinyl flooring. Dirt and moisture collection at seams because of expanding and contracting flooring (common with vinyl) is virtually eliminated.
- Stands up to heavy traffic – With a top-to-bottom wear surface, rubber flooring is not only long lasting, it will look good for years.
- Bonding surface – TransitFlor® is sanded on the underside during the finishing process to provide a strong bond to metal, wood and composite sub-floors.
- Simplified installation – Installation is a breeze. All TransitFlor® flooring can be cut to the specified lengths and widths needed for a total-floor system.
- Broad color range – TransitFlor® is available in a wide range of colors and patterns to compliment any interior décor.
- Flame retardant – TransitFlor® flooring products exceed the minimum flame spread standards for school and heavy transit transportation vehicles for both FMVSS 302 and ASTM E648 test methods.
- Warranty – TransitFlor® is warranted to be free from defects in workmanship or material for a period of twelve years from the date of delivery. Step treads are warranted for one year. TransitFlor Terms & Warranty